Tuesday, April 5, 2011

because i got high

this coming sunday will mark the two-week ago indicator of what would be my hell-week.
My work sched during that Sunday was at 1-9pm at SM Cebu (I work as a real-estate sales consultant btw). I arrived at around 1:30 and noticed that there was an unusual number of people at SM (looking back, i think it was also because ASAP and PARTY PILIPINAS decided to have a summer kick-off show here)
I was really glad and took it as a blessing that there are more people since this would mean that there will be more inquiries, and more inquiries mean that there will be a bigger chance of a reservation/sale.
Me and my teammates were seriously busy the whole shift, on the duration of my 9 hr.shift, i think i only had a 30minute break, which includes a 15min. dinner and 15minute CR break, the remaining hours were spent standing, showing around our model house and answering inquiries from different prospects.
up til 30 minutes AFTER the unofficial closing hour, we still have inquiries and all our brochures were all given out.

I was very very tired. But very contented and HAPPY.

I got home 45 minutes after we went out of SM. I felt the signs of fever due to fatigue but I thought it was just a normal I'm-gonna-sleep-it-over-and-the-next-day-im-gonna-be-better kind of feeling. I slept at 11 and woke up at 6am.
I felt like I totally lack sleep and thought that I could work normally till 6pm. I texted the uyab saying I wasnt really feeling upbeat, and he was super super sweet enough to fetch me at my home, take me to Parkmall (where I was assigned) and have breakfast with me. After breakfast, I took Zithromax, an acithromycin pack with 3 500mg antibiotic capsules which i should take once a day for 3 days.
Little did I know that having a very very bad case of diarrhea the first time I took it was a sign for me to stop. I went to the ladies' room 8 times (i kept track) and had tummy spasms non-stop. My condition got so much worse that I called my mom and asked her to pick me up.
The day after, I thought that my body was just adjusting to zithromax so i took my 2nd dose, I started feeling cramps and hot on my palms and soles.. when I felt the extreme heat, that's when I started to get seriously worried. I thought that I was about to have dengue, so the day after, I decided to have my platelets checked, I took my last zithromax and slept 2 hours after, i woke up still feeling like i havent slept for 3 days at all, but i forced myself to have get my blood checked.

imagine my surprise when i found out that my platelets are normal, and the doctor said that I was overfatigued and dehydrated...not only that, I overdosed myself on zithromax. the doc told me not to take antibiotics if i dont have tonsils or uti cause if the antibiotics will attack my body if theres no bacteria to kill at all. She also advised me to eat kamunggay and saging and to detox since I hafta pagawas all the 1500mg worth of useless antibiotics in my body.

4 days of detoxing and i'm on my way to recovery. I wrote this blog to inform people not to underestimate antibiotics :D ..and also to thank my parents, the uyab who checks on me EVERYTIME early in the morning to ask how i'm feeling, my TEAMMATES who understood my situation and never had any complaint when I took some days off, and to tita nellie (the uyab's mom) who also checked up on me lotsa and gave me barley :)

I was so overjoyed with my rapid recovery lately that i bought myself another shoes...
but that, is for another post..to come :)

No comments: